Use this handy checklist to gather documents for your home loan.
The documents listed here are general and may not include all documents specific to your home mortgage financing situation. Your mortgage consultant will inform you of any additional documentation that you may need.
- 30 days’ most recent pay stubs with year-to-date information for all jobs and for each borrower
- Federal tax returns for the 2 most recent years (1040’s)
- W-2 forms for the 2 most recent years
- Written explanation if employed less than 2 years or gap in employment in last 2 years
- Most recent 2 months asset statements listed on the application — all pages to each statement even if blank (Example: checking account, savings account, CDs, money market accounts, IRA, 401k, etc.)
- If applicable, landlord name, phone number, and address
- If you have any obligations due to legal action, for example child support, lawsuit judgment, bring in any judicial decree
- If applicable, complete Bankruptcy papers including discharge papers — also provide documentation supporting circumstances leading up to the bankruptcy, if able
- If applicable, credit explanation letter for any late payments, collections, judgments or other derogatory credit items
- Documentation for any large deposits outside payroll or gift fund deposits shown on asset statements
- If applicable, previous payments for: public utilities, phone company, cable, car insurance
- Real estate agent information (if applicable)
- Homeowner’s insurance information
Special Information, if applicable
- Last 3 years’ complete Federal tax returns (both personal and business returns)
- Year-to-date profit and loss statement
- List of all business debts
Ready to begin your home loan application? Start here:
Credit is subject to approval. Some restrictions apply. This information is accurate as of date of posting and is subject to change without notice.